1. Music of the week
Leona Lewis "Bleeding Love"
Colbie Callait "Realize"
Ferras "Hollywood's Not America"
Webbie "Independent" (It took me 3 times to hear the song before I figured out that's what he was spelling and then another 2 times to actually spell 'independent')
2. I drink coffee on Wednesday and Friday Mornings
Because I have 8'0clock class those mornings for 3 hours I feel that it's necessary...I tried to go without it the first couple of weeks but I need an extra kick.
3. I have drank more alcohol this semester(consecutive weekends since term started!) than last semester when I had no class on friday and the slackest schedule ever. It's much easier to drink after a stressful week and every week is a stressful week so every weekend I find myself with drinks in my hands. Last night I had 3 pulls of Dr. McGillicutty's Peppermint stuff...it went down way too easy along with the 2 beers, 4 bacardi razz shooters, and a whiskey and coke...I'm not even gonna tell the time frame in which this was all accomplished.
4. Therapeutic communication. After being tested on it last week it's all I use. Basically if you ever come to me with a complaint or issue that's bothering you I'm going to talk to you in a "therapeutic manner" which will allow you to open up and tell me about it....Like you say "man I have a ton of homework and I can't keep up." I will say..."How does that make you feel?" or "What can you tell me about that" shit like that...it's become a joke around here...any little complaint gets a therapeutic response.
5. The "moon bounce." this is probably the most awesome piece of workout equipment ever. It's really called an AMT (adaptive motion trainer) It's sort of like an eliptical but you can do every thing from stair stepping to "skiing" It's intense because you actually have to make the pedal things move. I call it a moon bounce because it kinda feels like one...
6. I discovered Tropicana's strawberry-banana-orange juice. It's probably been around for awhile but I just bought some and it is delicious.
7. The list of reasons to never have children. It's pretty self-explanatory but my Roomies and I come up with reasons of why a woman should never have kids or at least not have them until she can truly appreciate having a kid even though they may very well possess all the qualities on the list. The list ranges from things like the obvious "giving birth to a child will hurt like a bitch" to "the child might be ugly."
8. My sock compulsion. I recently bought new socks...a 3 pack. Well, now that I have these 3 pair of bright white socks I feel compelled to go out and replace my entire sock collection so they are all equally new. I don't like having socks in different stages of wear.
9. SPRING BREAK! I am going to Florida with Danelle in 3 weeks! I'm gonna lay around on the beach all day sippin what else but Pina coladas and reading the entire Gossip Girl series!
9.5. I let slip that I am occasionaly called T-bag by my good friend back home and now E has picked it up as well...it's sort of comical in that when she calls me that we are most often in public surrounded by people who then turn their heads to figure out who on earth so innocently and nonchalantly says "come on T-bag, let's go."
10. My summer dilemma. I don't know what I am going to do for a job this summer. I want to stay in Mankato. BUT I can A. make more money at home by life guarding or working at the hospital and B. gain experience by working at the hospital again. Mankato means I would have to find a new job if not a couple new ones. I am torn because I really want to make money, but I kind of want to take the summer off from hospital type work because honestly this is my last "free summer." I don't know what to do!
Well that's been the top ten in my life this last week...hope you enjoyed it!
1 comment:
firs,t i laughed at the alcohol part. truth about drinking on stressful weeks. it's so rewarding, and calming.
and i always ask people "how does that make you feel"? i love the conversations it can generate, and the insight it makes them find.
Post a Comment