1.31.2006

Strong Finish

I agree with the author's statements in the article "Strong Finish: Writing Effective Conclusions." I feel that the conclusion of one's writing has the potential to be the most thought provoking part of the paper. Like the author said, I do agree that a conclusion should "propel readers to action." You want your readers at the end of a work to really think about what you have written. In the conclusion, you hit them hard and fast so they really think about it and even possibly move them to action. The author of the article very neatly outlines what an effective conclusion should include. By incorporating the four easy steps writer's can begin to write effective conclusions with just a flick of the pen. I do however, think that a conclusion should leave a final impression on the reader. With this article though, writers can do that and more by leaving a lasting impression and even possibly pushing writers to write more compelling and action instilling conclusions.

No comments: