2.02.2006
My Brush With Fame
My only brush with fame occurred when I was in middle school. I think. In Sioux Falls, my home town, we have a USHL hockey team called the Stampede. Well, one year we had a really awesome player on our team named Thomas Vanek. He is from Austria was picked up to play for Sioux Falls as a sophomore, junior, and senior. He then was picked up to play for the Minnesota Gophers. He played with them for one year before he was drafted to the NHL. So right now he is playing for some NHL team but I'm not sure which one. Anyway, my brush with fame is that I saw Thomas Vanek more than once come in off the ice after each Stampede game. He was literally only like 3ft. Away from me. Oh, and I did get his autograph when the Stampede would hold a little "meet and greet" session. So ya, that was my brush with fame. It was pretty exciting I must say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment