Blog: In Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, the character of Cassius tries to convince Brutus to overthrow Caesar, the leader of Rome. He tells Brutus,
"Men at some time are master's of their fates: The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings."
Do you believe in fate, or do you think people have complete power over their lives? Has any event in your own life convinced you that fate exists, or made you skeptical about it?
I do not think that we have complete power over our lives. I think we are given the necessary tools to wield our way down the path that has been set before us. Ultimately I believe that there is a plan for us but how we get there isn't decided upon fate. I think we make our own choices and decisions to arrive at our so called "fate" Fate to me is too much of a fairy tale word. If something great happens to us we call it "fate." Most of the time I think stuff just happens that we can't control whether it's a car accident or cancer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment