4.13.2006

What do you think are the three most pressing problems facing the United States today? Do you have any ideas about how these problems might be solved? Do you think they will be solved in your lifetime?

I think the three most pressing problems facing the United States are: The war in Iraq, Global Warming, and obesity. I hope to God that the war in Iraq will be solved in my lifetime. I have no idea how to fix that one. I think Global warming is becoming a bigger issue every day. The depletion of our ozone layer is getting worse causing more UV rays to leak through. I seriously fear that our world is just going to fall apart. I also have no idea how to fix that but I fear that I will leave to suffer some of the effects of global warming. I'll probably have to go through something similar to the events in "The Day After Tomorrow." Obesity I feel is becoming a growing issue here in America. Obesity I feel is a partial result of the government. The FDA should regulate portion sizes and the number of fast food chains across the country. Also, I feel a large part of the problem is the people. I think we need to start educating kids early on about healthy food choices and how to limit the large portion sizes served in the US. Obesity I think has a good chance to decrease if the government acts soon.

No comments: