Blog: Mark Twain once said, " The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with oneself."
What do you think he meant by this? Does this idea apply to your own life? Conclude your entry by explaining how you feel about being alone. Do you dread it, or do you enjoy having time to yourself?
Mr. Twain probably meant that if you are not comfortable with who you are as a person and you have no one then your feelings of loneliness will be at their worst. They will be more intense feeling because you literally feel you have no one to lean back including yourself. I think this statement makes perfect sense. It can at times be applied to my life. Being alone isn't my favorite thing to do. For the most part I enjoy being around my family and friends. There are certainly those times when I absolutely love being by myself just to think and do stuff. For the most part though I like to be around my friends and family because it makes me feel good about myself, but I do like some time for myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment