12.30.2007
20 hours later
So I finished reading Atonement last night. It was good. All I want to do is wallow in the melancholy that comes when finishing a good book. It usually takes me a couple of days to recover from a good book. I just want to be back in that story. I want it to go on forever! However, I know that that's not possible. Mostly I think I get this way when it is a more thought provoking read. Or if I'm honest with myself a less than happily ever after ending. These kind of stories have the power to change how you think. You don't read something like this and then forget about right away. It's kind of haunting. I am mopey and can't stop thinking about how it ended and how it's not quite satisfactory, confusing, and even disappointing...BUT it was so good at the same time and seems to fit. All I know is that I need to see this film NOW! I keep watching the trailers and get chills every time. I read somewhere that it has a wide release on Jan. 4th. Hopefully that is true and it will come to Sioux Falls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
guess that means i have to squeeze it in while i'm in lawrence. if i don't see it before i leave, i will implode. it looks fantastic. i wish i read more often, or enjoyed reading. because i'd totally read it, you know.
Post a Comment