1.02.2008
January 1st 2008
Well, it's that time of year. The beginning. I can't help but get caught up in all the hooplah about the new year being a time to "start new" or make resolutions, or think that this year "will be the year!" The year for what I might add? Well, that is just it. It's exciting to think that this year "could be the year!" It's fun to anticipate what we know will be happening or what we hope will happen. A year is an awfully long time. So much can happen to a person in one year. People become different people in a year's time. There is a generous amount of room in one year. Half of it could be absolutely splendid while the other half can be downright miserable. Most often when a tragedy of sorts strikes, the year becomes blemished as "a bad year." Yes, a good chunk of 2007 was unkind to me and as much as I would like to say that 07 was simply awful I just can't. I don't feel right tainting the whole year as bad. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not entirely sure a bad year can exist...for me anyway. It's far too easy to focus on the negativity of a year. We forget about all the good. While the worst may of happened there was still plenty of good. A good portion of 2007 was undoubtedly unkind, but the last day of 07 was one of the more fun nights of the entire year and certainly one of the top ten in my life. This one night has to compete with many awful nights but just one night can make all the difference. I didn't have a "bad year"-I had a less than ideal one. In all honesty we're all gonna have one of those years. Mine was just a bit harsh and much sooner than expected. I am so very thankful for all the people who love and care about me. You people have let me reflect back on 2007 with bittersweetness instead of complete bitterness. I do hope though that 2008 can be looked back on with a little more sweetness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i had an awesome time... also one of the best ever.
you're very "glass half full". that's good.
Post a Comment