1.15.2008

Brrrrrr

So, I realize that I am currently living in Mankato Minnesota and it's the middle of winter.  I also realize that winter equals cold.  I am not one to usually complain about it being cold because duh! it's winter and it gets cold.  However, I was unprepared for the shock of yesterday's chill factor.  I don't think I have ever been so cold in my whole entire life.  Really.  I had about a 4 min walk from the orange lot to the Taylor center.  I literally almost started crying as soon as I stepped inside the door.  I'm talking knives piercing body cold.  My ears hurt so so so bad and I'm pretty sure my face fell off 50 yards behind.  I may as well have not worn gloves.  The wind was absolutely ridiculous.  Granted I didn't wear a hat.  I almost grabbed one too and was pissed.  Anyway,  I like having four seasons.  I appreciate the different seasons when they come.  But, I absolutely hate these frigid Jan. and Feb. days.  I heard a ridiculous rumor that this weekend it will get to be like 30-40 below with windchill.  Even though I like having four seasons I wouldn't mind living in a more milder climate where winter is tolerable.  I'm thinking New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Southern California, or Florida.  I may just possibly contemplate one of those destinations after graduation.


2 comments:

ah said...

yeah i missed lawrence until i found out it was 14 degrees fahrenheit today on the first day of classes.

Tim said...

Word.