You know what blows? People studying abroad in foreign countries and me reading their blogs and feeling like I was there then realizing I'm in Mankato Minnesota with legitimate homework and the semester hasn't even started yet.
HA! I'm just kidding. I'm not that bitter and jealous. Your blogs are a treat and will serve as a wonderful study break throughout the semester. But back here I really do have homework, BUT it's, um...REAL homework? You know the kind that you will be applying to your job type homework! This is it folks! I am learning how to do things that I will be doing for the REST of my life! I'm learning to do things that will bring me a decent income and immense satisfaction. I am learning my CAREER! Kinda scary, but exciting. We had a meeting t
oday for the nursing program. I was assigned homework and have three quizzes next Friday(mind you the semester doesn't start 'til Monday). I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and may be in over my head these first few weeks but I am confident it will sort itself out. I spent 150 dollars on a stethoscope, scrubs, and a lab coat. 700 dollars on my books(and I can't sell them back as they "will be life long resources"). This is the only downside right now...the program is sort of costly. Despite this homework assignment I will still find time this weekend to improve my guitar hero skills, see a movie, and maybe have a few drinks. It may be my last weekend to do so for a very long time...
In other news, I watched 3:10 to Yuma yesterday and quite enjoyed it. I found it to be kind of tense in that you didn't know who was gonna make it and how far they would get...I hate that.
This is my favorite quote...it's probably only funny if you've seen it...

Butterfield: Why the hell didn't you do somethin'?
Charlie Prince: They had a lot of weapons, Mister - and they were shootin' bullets.
I really like his outfit as well. Even if he was a bad guy.
2 comments:
7-hundo on books? jeebus!!
school sucks! i can't fathom starting class on monday, good luck as you embark in your studies, haha
I start on Monday too: I have three classes.
It's all good though. We'll just be a lot smarter than these kids while they become cultured....
That doesn't sound so cool now that I think about it. Heh.
Post a Comment