5.29.2006

"Canonball into the water"

Canonball...funny word. However, it has become the word of my entire summer. I hear that word on average about 10 times a day. And just to make things fun whenever I guard the diving well and I hear the word "canonball" I then make myself continue with the best rendition of Teddy Geiger's song Confidence(For you I will) I really enjoy that song. It's such a good metaphor or whatever for what it's like to make a move. I mean yeah, when you were a kid doing a canonball was pretty daring. Only the coold kids did it. So it took all your courage to finally get the nerve to attempt a canonball. You sat and fretted about it. What if it didn't work like the other kids'? What if they all laughed at you? But, eventually you do it. And 9 times out of ten you succed with a canonball. Maybe you didn't have as big a splash, but nonetheless you did it and you had a good time doing it. So, I just wish I could sometimes really "muster up every ounce of confidence I have and canonball into the water." I mean really chances are I'll achieve my canonball, and if not well it'll just turn into a regular old jump. Either way I'll still come back up for air.

No comments: