1.06.2008

Guitar Hero...a threat to safety.

Who knew guitar hero could cause the city of sioux falls mayhem.  Ok maybe not mayhem but at least summon a good portion of the cities finest policeman to be on the lookout for a bearded man in a white ford escort holding a young driver at gunpoint...Our story begins with me extending an invitation to A to come over to my house for some casual drinking and guitar hero playing.  A's sister drove A and her friend E who has a beard.  They made a pit stop at Hy-vee to get some tonic water and limes for the gin they already had.  Once reaching my house the drinks were made.  Of the 5 people at the house, only A and E consumed alcoholic beverages.  Some guitar hero was played and the trio was here for maybe 45 minutes when A's sister gets a call on her cell from a restricted number.  She thought it was a prank call.  It had something to do with how her license plate was called in for a threat to safety...anyway she didn't buy it and was freaked out and hung up.  2 seconds later my house phone rang and we all kinda freaked out.  I answered it and it is A's mom asking if A and A's sister were there.  I said yes and she said that there were cops at the door asking about the car and how there was a call from someone about a threat to safety.  As I handed the phone over to A's sister, I heard our front door open and footsteps from above.  A and E scrambled to hide their G&T's while A's sister and I headed up stairs.  As we reached the top, 4 cops are suddenly walking through my kitchen shinning their flashlights this way and that.  These 4 immediately headed downstairs.  I go to the door where my brother is standing letting in two more cops looking slightly bemused.  One headed into the kitchen and started interrogating A's sister.  G and I got cornered by a lady officer who calmly but seriously asked us questions.  I was asked if I was in the car, who all was here at my house, who the driver was, and how E was connected to A and A's sister.  Finally, after her questioning she explained that a call was put in to 911 about how a girl was forced into a white ford escort by a bearded man and held at gun point.  The reality of the situation is that E was in the passenger seat rocking out with his guitar hero guitar...

2 comments:

ah said...

OH MY GOD
that is one for the records! wow, holy death, what a classic story. i love how confused people get in their frantic states and call the cops.
my sister had a similar case, when she had to break into a customer's backyard to domeasurements for landscape work, since he wasnt home. she hopped the fence. the neighbors called the cops and got her plates as she drove away. she had to deal with the cops when she got back to work...

Tim said...

It's like ATONEMENT!